- CHILDREN ARRESTED OVER PETITIONING FOR PARENTS’ FREEDOM
- THE (GEORGETOWN) HOYA: WORLD CANNOT IGNORE CHINESE PERSECUTION
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL: ASIA FOUNDATION STAFF MEMBER A PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
- US STATE DEPT. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM REPORT: TORTURE, KILLING OF FALUN GONG CONTINUES
CHILDREN ARRESTED OVER PETITIONING FOR PARENTS’ FREEDOM
Several reports from China have recently revealed that young Chinese are being beaten and arrested after petitioning for the release of their parents, who are being jailed simply for their belief in Falun Gong. Below are a few examples:
- On July 13, 2006 police in Anqiu city entered the home of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Qingmei and drove her away. On July 26, her son and daughter went to the police station to ask for Liu’s release. Instead, police superivisor Zhang Jinxiao beat them. Liu’s son was bleeding from the face and neck. The following day, police returned to Liu’s home and arrested her daughter, a middle school student.
Full story: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/10/77831.html
- After Ms. Zhu Yan was administratively sentenced to 1.5 years in a labor camp, her 20-year-old son and 18-year-old daughter went to visit her in detention and witnessed the abuses she had suffered. On June 12 the children went to the police station to ask for her release, but Chen Xinzhu, the local Gaoyang police chief, along with four other policemen beat and injured them. On the morning of August 8, her son, Cao Yang, stood holding a banner outside the Jilin City Police Station to demand his mother’s release. A large curious crowd gathered. As police took Cao away, onlookers shouted: “Don’t go in with them. You’ll suffer. They’ll beat you!” Cao and another onlooker who was beaten and arrested at the scene have not been released and their situation remains unkown.
Full story: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/10/77832.html
- 18-year-old Ms. Zhu Xiuyun’s father was taken from his Aobao Village home by the 610 Office on June 30, 2006 and sent to a labor camp. Worried about her detained father, ill mother, and the cows and farm that were left unattended, the girl decided to go ask for her father back. She took a petition signed by more than 200 people from her area to the County Court on August 19, 2006, asking for her father’s release from illegal detention. Police promptly arrested the girl.
Full story including photo: http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/9/13/77957.html
THE (GEORGETOWN) HOYA: WORLD CANNOT IGNORE CHINESE PERSECUTION
“China’s grotesque practice of harvesting organs from executed prisoners has been known of for years, but these reports suggest that Falun Gong practitioners have been detained and killed expressly for their organs…in many other Chinese hospitals, doctors openly admit that they use Falun Gong practitioners’ organs in transplants, and both photographic evidence and testimony from family members of the deceased confirm this practice.”
Full article: http://www.thehoya.com/viewpoint/091506/view5.cfm
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL: ASIA FOUNDATION STAFF MEMBER A PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
“Bu Dongwei, also known as David Bu, was assigned to two-and-a-half years’ ‘Re-education through Labour’ (RTL) on 19 June in connection with his activities as a member of the Falun Gong spiritual movement. He is detained at an undisclosed location, and Amnesty International considers him to be a prisoner of conscience. He is at serious risk of torture or ill-treatment. Bu Dongwei had been working in Beijing for the US aid organization, the Asia Foundation, before he was detained by around seven police officers at his home…” In its call to action Amnesty asked its members to urgently write to Beijing and express concern.
US STATE DEPT. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM REPORT: TORTURE, KILLING OF FALUN GONG CONTINUES
In its annual report on international religious freedom released September 15, the U.S. Department of State claimed that in China, “Falun Gong practitioners continued to face arrest, detention, and imprisonment, and there have been credible reports of deaths due to torture and abuse.” It also stated “There were continuing revelations about the extra-legal activities of the Government's 610 office [link] including torture and forced confessions, a state security agency implicated in most alleged abuses of Falun Gong practitioners.”
Link to the report: http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2006/71338.htm